Tuesday 26 February 2013

Draft Poster

DRAFT PROMOTIONAL POSTER

Here is my finished promotional poster draft that links to my trailer for the movie: Playing Duo. After getting feedback from 20 people from my target audience, which are people that follow and enjoy romance films, i created this so that my target audience would be satisfied with the outcome. 


I started off by placing the main image in the middle as this was the demand from my target audience. I also followed trends of other promotional posters i analysed as they would also have their main image in the center/middle too. I made sure the male character, who was also the main character and the narrative in the trailer had eye contact which the audience. This shows the connection between them both and shows that they both know the secret that he is hiding in the story line. This creates a good effect as it gives the audience a feeling of mystery and that feeling of knowing something that could cause complications. i made sure that all three characters were linked when taking the photo as i wanted to tell the audience how strong their relationship between one other was. This makes the story line more emotional and intense. Both of the female characters are facing a different direction and not towards the audience. This shows that they don't have a clue as to what is going on and they are blinded by his love towards them. This can relate to the feminist theory as it shows men are ore powerful and can control women the way they want to. It shows how low a women status could be. I made sure that the two that were having the affair wore the same colour clothing to show that they are connected in that way. 

I used my questionnaire feedback and placed the mast head in the middle, under the main image. This shows how the male is playing both females underneath all this lies and betray. I used the same font and colour as the trailer to show synergy between the two. I want people to look at the masthead, font and colour and release what movie it is straight away. An example of this would be 'Harry Potter' because of the font it uses, people know it straight away. Its kind of branded and a logo. I placed the actors and actresses names at the top above the characters so people know who they are easily. Again, using the same font and colour throughout. I placed the institutions, production lines and distributors underneath the title as this is needed so that people know more about the institutions and production. This can give the movie a good reputation depending on who has produced it and what institutions have supported it. Finally, the release date is placed at the bottom of the promotional poster so that the last thing people see is when it is released so that they know when the watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment