Tuesday 26 February 2013

Poster: Final

FINAL PROMOTIONAL POSTER

This is my final poster that decided to change and improve for a higher mark. I changed the codes and conventions to make it look more professional and keep the synergy between all three media products.

 
I decided to change the background to a clear white, to help the main image and text surrounding it to stand out more. This is because these are the main elements that make the promotional poster as its aim is to encourage people to watch this movie that is releasing. I used 'Adobe Photoshop' to cut around the image with the background eraser tool and took away the excess of the image that wasn't needed. This helped the characters to stand out more and my target audience wanted white as one of the main colours in my poster. 

I kept the title font the same as my trailer and my magazine cover to show synergy and keep the house style. I also kept the colour of a mixture of pink and orange as that was the demand from my research strategies. Also this is a colour that represents romance as it is very feminine and is close to red which symbolizes love and the heart which an indexicle sign as it is the main representation for romance. I placed a box around the title to show how the main mail is trapped in his own head about who to chose between the two sisters, it gives the audience a tease on what the story line is based on without giving too much away. I used the tag line for the movie on each of the media products that i had created to help the audience see the similarities that all three had. 'You can't help who you fall for' is a tag line i used to go with the title of the movie and to make people want to know more about this and persuade them to watch the movie.  I kept this white to show the purity of how you cannot help who your heart falls for, this shows the innocence of it and how love is a powerful thing. I placed this under the title to show the connection between the two. I put the names of the actors right at the top of the poster because i noticed this is usually done in other romance posters i had analysed. I wanted to keep the house style for romance genres the same. The colour for the names is black to keep it simple but also make it stand out. I placed a line underneath the names to show the separate worlds between their reality lives and their roles in the movie. Underneath, i told the audience what other films the author had done so that if they are a fan of those films they will understand that this would be the same as they are both scripted by the same author. This is another encouragement strategy i used for more popularity and reputation of the movie. I used black and the same colour i used for the title to keep the house style the same. Under that, i showed ratings that popular organisations have said about the movie to show audiences that this is rated an excellent film. Is is another encouragement method used in most romance genres i analysed to pull people to watch the film. I put the institutions, distributors and production lines at the very bottom of the poster in very small font as it is not that important for the audience to view unless they wanted to, they could by going out their way to read it. I used capital font for this to make it bold and professional as this explains all the production and people involved to create the movie. At the very bottom of that i placed when the movie will be released in bold and in the same colour as the title. This is a key element people would want to see so that they know when the movie is coming out. This is one of the first things they look for on the poster. On the right hand corner i put a PG sign as that is what the age rating is for this film. I wanted it to be clear on the white background so audiences could see it straight away. This is essential. I kept the colours for the house style the same throughout all three media products to keep synergy and to help audiences remember that they are all connected to each other. I added in institution logos at the bottom of the poster because it shows who the movie is supported by and is also on other romance promotional posters I have analysed. I have also added the website of the movie at the bottom so people can go on it to find out more information about the movie: Playing Duo.

I am very impressed with the new improved magazine cover i have created as it has more codes of conventions of average romance promotional posters. This helps people know exactly what genre this is when they first see it. It also gives it a professional look and shows a high level of my understanding of promotional poster layouts and conventions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment