Tuesday 26 February 2013

Magazine: Final

MAGAZINE FINAL

This is my final magazine front cover, below i have explained how i came up with the idea of creating it this way. 



I decided to alter my magazine poster and tweak some elements around to make it to a higher standard. I kept the white background to keep a synergy between all three media products and kept the font and tag line in the same position as the others with the same font of colour as i wanted to keep the house style the same. I kept the masthead as 'Empire' because it is a popular film magazine that i wanted to use. Having it red shows how evil the affair is in the story line but also connotes love and romance at the same time.  I kept the price and website visible at the top where it is always placed on 'Empire' magazines so that people automatically know where to look. At the very top, i placed text because when i analysed other 'Empire' magazine covers, they always had text at the top so i wanted to keep my layout similar. I used black and a mixture of pink and orange colours throughout the magazine as i did in the promotional poster and trailer to keep synergy. I edited the text and placed 'WIN A TRIP TO LONDON' on the side as an encouragement strategy for audiences to buy this magazine and want to read more. I didnt place too much text because i didn't want to give all the content the magazine featured away.

The main image has the main male character giving the audience eye contract which shows how he and the audience know exactly what he is up to. By having both girls looking in different directions shows that they don't know that they are being played by the same guy. This also shows the audience how unaware they are of this. It increases tension just by their body language and makes the audience want to know more. I also added text right at the bottom because this is usually an element that is on all empire magazines. The bar code is visible on the bottom left so that it is easy to see when people are buying this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment