Tuesday 26 February 2013

Draft Magazine


MAGAZINE DRAFT


I used my feedback from my questionnaire that i created so that i could know exactly what people expected to see on the magazine cover for a romance movie. I started off by using the title of the magazine 'Empire'. This is because it is a well known movie magazine that promotes and advertises films which features interviews and other information about the film industry. I placed it at the top of the magazine because after my research on magazine covers, i noticed that every magazine has the title at the beginning so it catches the buyers attention first. I used the colour red because on every 'Empire' magazine, the colour is red so i wanted to keep it the same for easier recognition.  

I placed the title at the bottom of the magazine but also on the main image to bring this connection between them visible. Again, using the same colours and font so that people can notice what film it is straight away. It keeps the synergy between the trailer, promotional poster and magazine going. I used the same sort of image i used for the promotional poster but changed the positions of the characters so that audiences realize the story line more as the male character is seeing both sisters and claiming to be in love with them both so he is changing positions. I then placed information about other content that would feature in the magazine around the main topic the magazine holds: Playing Duo. I created little ways of encouraging the audience to buy the magazine. Using words like 'exclusive' and 'preview special' are strategies to make people buy this magazine as they would want to read it and find out more. It also makes it more eye catching by having capital letters and then the rest of the information in a different font in lower keys. I tried to keep the same layout as other 'Empire' magazines to keep a flow between them all. I placed the slogan of the movie, Playing duo at the top of the magazine to show people that all three portfolio products are connected. I kept the original positioning of the website, cost and issue number and date so that people know where to look if they are looking specifically for that.

The colours used were the same as the promotional poster, however, this time i used a white background to make other elements stand out more and to keep the 'Empire' house style the same throughout. I then finalized my product by adding a bar code on the right hand side so that it is visible when brought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment